An owner's representative plays a pivotal role in overseeing the day-to-day administration of a construction project on behalf of the owner.
With a wealth of experience spanning decades, INCompliance consultants have consistently served as reliable owner's representatives and advisors for numerous clients with the administration of client construction project. Our clients attest to the value and strategic significance of partnering with INCompliance consultants, enabling them to successfully accomplish their missions and emerge as integral community assets.
Distinguished from design professionals and construction firms whose allegiance lies with their employers, an owner's representative serves as a seamless extension of the owner's staff. Functioning as the owner's "eyes and ears," our representatives actively engage with design professionals and construction firms, providing expert advice to the owner on emerging issues throughout the project. Our commitment is unwavering in safeguarding the owner's best interests from project inception to completion.
Owners hire design professionals and construction firms, in part, because these firms have decades of collective experience. Many owners, however, do not have a large staff with the same level of expertise in complex construction projects, putting the owner at a distinct disadvantage. By hiring an owner’s representative, the owner is instantly afforded access to its own team of experienced construction professionals charged solely with looking out for the owner’s best interests.
Oversight & Management
Managing construction projects is inherently intricate. In a standard project scenario, an owner engages one firm for project design, another for construction, and multiple consultants for additional services. This necessitates the owner's commitment of time and resources to supervise and coordinate these entities—an especially challenging undertaking when the owner's staff lacks the requisite experience. Our team of seasoned construction professionals is adept at efficiently overseeing and managing the construction team. This allows the owner's personnel to redirect their focus to their regular duties, unburdened by the complexities of project management.
No two construction projects are alike, as no two owners are alike. Each project will have certain requirements and each owner will have its own needs. We’ve designed our pricing model to allow the owner to customize which services we’ll provide. This allows us to work with the owner to identify which services provide the value to the owner and ensures that the owner does not pay for services that it does not need.
Complex construction projects produce correspondingly complex array of documentation. Effective and efficient document control is critical to the success of the project and safeguarding the owner’s interest in the event issues arise during or after construction. Our clients are given access to our custom construction document management platform which allows our team of experienced document control specialists to handle the processing and storage of all documentation related to the project in one central location, while allowing the owner 24/7 access to any documentation it needs to access. Our streamlined document management processes have been designed to achieve cost-saving economies through use of custom technology solutions that allows our team to review and retrieve documentation in a much more effective and efficient manner than a manual review by the owner.
We assist clients with the following:
- Serve as the board liaison with the architect and CMR
- Attend zoning and governmental design review meetings
- Review drawings and specifications for value engineering ideas
- Participate in planning & design meetings with owner
- Participate in planning & design meetings with architect and CMR
- Comment on plans, schedules, budgets and estimates
- Provide oversight, comments and recommendations on the project budget and schedule
- Provide input during subcontractor prequalification
- Review contract between owner & architect
- Review contract between owner & CMR
- Review contracts between CMR and contractors/subcontractors
- Review and advise on GMP proposals and assist with negotiation of GMP amendment
- Review and advise on issuance of bulletins, field work orders, change orders or amendments to contracts
- Participate in contractor/construction meetings coordinated by the CMR
- Participate in owner core meetings coordinated by the CMR
- Perform periodic construction site walk-throughs
- Review meeting minutes for the project and comment accordingly
- Participate and consult with owner, architect and CMR in interpretations, conformance and acceptance of the work
- Review and consult with owner regarding pay applications
- Participate in punch list walkthrough
- Review and consult with superintendent on completion of close out documentation
- Review and advise on final payment request and appropriate documentation
- Review of testing and inspection reports to confirm compliance
- Monitor allowances and contingency budget line items
- Assist with prevailing wage issues